I am an evidence-based storyteller who writes engaging and informative content for researchers, small business owners, and nonprofit organizations. I provide a wide range of communications services, including marketing communications, press releases, and academic writing support.
What I Offer
- Writing compelling blog and social media posts that bring to life the people, programs, or services that distinguish your business or organization
- Translating expert knowledge to make it accessible to the general public
- Contributing to digital and public history projects
- Drafting press releases, pitches, or queries to place stories in news outlets
- Synthesizing and writing up findings for publication in academic or professional journals
- Compiling or updating literature reviews for papers and grant applications
Why Choose Me?
I am a diligent, organized, and versatile writer that adds value to any project. I have helped community-based organizations and institutions raise money, public health researchers write up and publish their findings, and grassroots activists promote their events. You can see a selection of my work here.
Here's what my clients have to say about working with me:
"I am the Communications Coordinator for the Pittsburgh non-profit Open Hand Ministries. We asked Avigail to assist us in our annual end of year fundraising campaign which involved a 30 day gratitude challenge around the time of Thanksgiving. The campaign featured weekly blog posts- stories of gratitude from the perspectives of different participants and supporters of our organization. Avigail wrote two of these posts. Her work far exceeded our expectations, both in the quality of her writing and her assistance in the development of the campaign. We asked Avigail to contribute as a writer, but she delivered much more than her two stories. This campaign was a new idea for us, and as we worked to stay on top of the details, Avigail helped keep us organized and on time, and assisted with the creation of additional content beyond the blog posts. She worked with great flexibility when we asked for last minute additions and left time to make sure her work matched our vision. The campaign had a goal of $16,000 and we ended up raising over $20,000. We are grateful for Avigail’s patience, impressed with her professionalism, and quite happy with the quality and delivery of her work."
Jodi Salant, Communications Coordinator of Open Hand Ministries, Inc.
Submit the form below with information about your project and I will send you a customized estimate!